Controller is a full function position that will play a critical role in oversight and advancement of PowerPollen® accounting, financial management and HR functional administration. Working under the direction of the CFO and CHRO this position will develop and guide internal processes that align with accounting standards, employment compliance, and effective internal controls over financial reporting. This role will function as a key supporting member to the PowerPollen leadership team as well as an integral resource for employees and managers.
This position serves as a very present, visible, and credible resource able to facilitate the link between business objectives and talent engagement, motivation, and commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with CFO, implement and oversee an effective system of internal controls over financial reporting, including timely execution of the period end close and financial reporting, general ledger accounting and account reconciliations as governed by U.S. GAAP and the Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Establish workflows to facilitate timely and accurate execution of daily and monthly accounting practices.
- Oversight of AP/AR, daily cash and cash requirements, invoicing and purchasing.
- In collaboration with CFO, prepare monthly budget and forecast reports and analysis of actions and outcomes.
- Coordinate annual audit processes and tax compliance including income tax, sales tax, fiduciary filings, and other tax compliance requirements.
- Support CFO by establishing data structures that track and report on financial and non-financial measures. Including preparation of internal financial and managerial reports. Prepare internal financial reports.
- Supports financial management processes tied to grants for application, reporting, and compliance.
- Oversees the Payroll function utilizing the ADP Total Source system for both mainland US and the ADP Puerto Rico payroll system.
- Stay abreast of and assure compliance with all US mainland and Puerto Rico based payroll compliance requirements.
- In conjunction with CHRO, prepare and provide periodic reporting and analysis of payroll/labor related cost, expenses, liabilities, and incentive opportunities.
- Proactively serve as a liaison to respond to internal inquiries for employment policies and procedures.
- Oversee employee files to support employment compliance.
- Oversee standard operating procedures for employee onboarding and exits including the areas of ADP systems updates, benefits administration, check-in/out procedures, equipment, electronic systems accesses, other company issued / offered elements.
- Oversee and administer leave of absence process in conjunction with impacted employee and utilizing ADP system and benefit policies.
- Oversee and assure timely and accurate HR related data.
- Support and maintain employment related grant, tax, or other employee-based incentive programs, reporting and compliance systems.
- Minimum 5 years professional accounting experience: private or public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, HR or related with CPA preferred.
- Knowledge, familiarity and experience with general accounting practices and account reconciliations.
- Knowledge, familiarity, and experience with generalist HR areas of expertise including training, benefits, payroll administration, talent acquisition, compensation.
- Highly proficient with QuickBooks, Excel and other financial analysis tools and MS Office Suite.
- Experience with ADP Total Source payroll or similar payroll processing services.
- Experience with or close exposure to the HR function and administrative processes.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Solid inter-personal, organizational and communication skills.
- Self –starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Desire to work in a start-up environment which will include flexibility in accepting work and assignments that are both with the obvious scope of this job and occasionally outside of the obvious scope.
- Desire to work in the details and assure critical administrative process run smoothly, efficiently, and optimally.
- Generally normal office environment.
- Frequent work interruptions.
- Some portions of this job may be conducted remotely but predominantly on-site presence and team interaction is highly preferred.
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Consistent and long durations using a computer.
- Occasional outdoor AG related environments which may involve heat, humidity, insects, rough terrain (e.g., organized technology demonstrations, employee events, technology showcases, etc.)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. PowerPollen is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
PowerPollen® is an equal opportunity employer.