As the Engineering Project Lead at PowerPollen® you will be responsible for leadership and management of internal and external project teams to facilitate delivery of products and bring designs from small scale prototypes to large scale production environments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with a team of Engineers, Planners, and Technicians in performing and coordinating the design and preparation of projects that evolve from proof of concept/prototype to production in a high-technology production agriculture setting.
- Execute high priority projects to meet functional specifications, timelines, and budget while identifying, tracking, managing, and resolving project issues.
- Manage the development, implementation, and completion of complex design projects
- Define and maintain project scope, budget, timelines, schedule based on strategic plans to meet delivery milestones
- Identify and monitor project goal(s), status, and risks
- Coordination of internal and external resources/team members to execute projects
- Provide guidance to team members and establish clear roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate overall systems design, development, and integration of mechanical and structural systems.
- Progress designs all the way through detailed design, drawing generation, parts procurement, and hands-on assembly, integration, and test.
- Coordinate implementation of new designs and develop transition plans to bridge between design revisions
- Manage expectations through the life of the project with documentation and continuous technical communication to all stakeholders.
- Lead relationships with external fabricators, general contractors, and vendors to ensure equipment is built, installed, and maintained on time and to PowerPollen standards.
- Lead projects involving internal and external engineering, fabrication, and installation teams
- Coordinate procurement, assist with scheduling and the development of scope of work with subcontractors, and assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reporting related to engineering efforts.
- Present material in a concise and professional manner to a wide variety of individuals including customers, leadership team, co-workers, and other internal or external stakeholders as needed
- Gather information and data from equipment and field processes to pass along to the Research & Development teams.
- Support timely, controlled, and compliant design changes. Participate in multi-disciplinary collaboration with equipment designers, fabricators and soft/hardware engineers, and others to pursue and achieve business objectives, on time, at cost, and with optimal quality.
- Assist in establishing protocols and participate in product qualification, contract negotiation, manufacturing processes, and production-based support documentation.
- Lead efforts for customization, technology selection, or design of systems to support specific customer equipment needs.
- Design and analyze mechanical systems and equipment. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Ensure the designs have been validated and thoroughly documented prior to production release.
- Assures design planning, mechanical innovation, rapid prototyping, development of test plans for design validation, systems & sub-systems testing for design validation, documenting design with state-of-the-art technology.
- Assess and effectively understand the opportunities and challenges for technical success in new environments and facilities and help estimate timeline and cost while working to customize design solutions for specific field and/or customer situations and conditions
- Understand and conform to relevant industry, customer and PowerPollen safety standards.
- Work collaboratively with strategic equipment partners, other strategic engineering partners and with customers and their technical field teams.
- Stay up to date regarding your field of engineering and technology relative to agriculture, the production seed industry and PowerPollen
- Develop project value propositions and document engineering results in white papers, engineering reports, trade magazine articles, and conference papers
Required Skills, Knowledge
- Experience leading or participating in large scale agricultural/industrial projects.
- Demonstrated experience in project management particularly within product development
- Experience managing outsource partners and activities with a focus on delivering a saleable product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Agricultural engineering.
- 5 – 7+ years experience in a technical or engineering related role, preferably in agriculture or agricultural services industry.
- Engineering aptitude with solid hands-on mechanical skills, a commercial focus and knowledge of production agriculture systems.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and/or hydraulic and/or electrical systems (including software).
- Experience developing, simulating, and validating systems for agriculture or construction machinery.
- Aptitude for innovation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to complete assignments/tasks on time.
- Ability to apply creative approaches and ideas to solve problems, maximizing the effective use of resources.
- Action-oriented, flexible, objective and an excellent communicator able to work effectively in both a team setting and individually with limited oversight.
- Available to travel approximately 40% of time including domestic and international travel.
- Ability to learn data systems and work remotely using mobile devices.
- Can lift 50 lbs. or more on an intermittent basis.
Primarily a field or fabrication shop-based role with frequent interactions occurring in, stationary and mobile labs, outdoor agricultural field environments and office settings.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. PowerPollen is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
PowerPollen® is an equal opportunity employer.