The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in developing and guiding internal processes that align with accounting standards compliance and create efficiencies and effectiveness for PowerPollen® financial systems.
This role will function as a supporting member to the PowerPollen® leadership team and will lead financial planning & accounting capabilities and be heavily accountable for providing strategic financial leadership, guidance, insight, and advice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares for, coordinates and facilitates monthly, quarterly and year-end leadership team financial review session.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Prepares reporting for CEO (and leadership) monthly to view budgets against actuals and provides insight and financial guidance on variances.
- Conducts financial modeling to support tactical and strategic decision-making including business case development, performance measurements, and sensitivity analysis.
- Works with monthly business and banking reconciliations, daily/weekly financial reporting requirements and requests.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures including managing cadence and compliance with invoicing and expense management.
- Provides accounting and financial related information to be used for internal or external analysis and presentation.
- Prepares and maintains current balance sheets, P&L, accounts payable/receivables.
- Works with leadership to define and track annual budgets (both corporate and departmental) along with monitoring funding for sponsored research and large scale projects
- Leads processes to assure income and expenses are properly allocated within business budget centers.
- Leads effort to prepare for and participate in external and internal audits.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and tax reporting is completed accurately and timely.
- This position may have additional oversight leadership accountabilities for areas (eg: administration, IT).
- Oversees the Payroll function.
- Minimum 5 years professional accounting experience: private or public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree with CPA preferred and knowledge of general accounting practices and account reconciliations.
- Experience with financial modeling.
- Highly proficient with QuickBooks, Excel and other financial analysis tools and MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with debits/credits, financial reporting, accounts payable, fixed assets, sales/use tax and creation of internal financial systems and processes.
- Essential background in forecasting, financial analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, performance analysis, and financial reporting
- Familiar with and experience using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience with ADP Total Source payroll or similar payroll processing services.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Solid inter-personal, organizational and communication skills.
- Self –starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with deadlines
- Must possess current valid authorization to work in the United States.
- Generally normal office environment. Occasionally this position will be required to work in the lab environment, in or on areas of the shop floor as well as in the outdoor production agriculture fields.
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Consistent and long durations using a computer.