As an Engineering Intern for PowerPollen®, the primary responsibility will be to assist engineers in implementing and supporting state-of-the-art systems which enhance yields in agricultural crops.
We are seeking individuals that are highly organized, willing to adapt to changing work conditions, self-motivated with a positive attitude, have a strong aptitude for problem solving and innovation, and are comfortable working independently or as a collaborator with high performance teams.
- Aid engineering staff to create mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical system schematics, assemblies, specify parts, generate bill of materials, prototype creation including hands on fabrication, testing, and trouble shooting
- Assist in preparing estimates and proposals and prepare technical reports
- Take direction from and work under the mentorship of senior level engineering staff
- Plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely fashion
- End user testing and support during field operations
- 2 years college level academics in biotech, agricultural, electrical, mechanical engineering, or related technology degree
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Pro E, OrCAD, Altium or similar CAD design software
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Office, Access, VISIO, and other related software packages
- Strong analytical ability, a methodical approach to problem solving, attention to accuracy and detail
- Aptitude and willingness to contribute on all levels of engineering projects
- Familiarity with the seasonality of agriculture and commit to the in-season time requirements including long days and weekends (typically July & August)
- Capable and interested in working in a fast-paced and diverse environments that includes indoor lab conditions and outdoor agricultural field conditions including high heat & humidity, insect exposure, uneven terrains, narrow and sight limited workspaces with active agricultural equipment in operation
- Willing to travel as needed (primarily Midwestern US) to conduct technology integration and testing
- Willingness to cross-train for other jobs within the organization as needed
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to drive field / off-road vehicles for prolonged periods
- Able to maintain confidentiality and protection of PowerPollen critical and proprietary assets including systems, equipment, and knowledge
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Previous Co-op/Internship experience with an engineering firm helpful
- Prior farm, field, or agricultural work a plus
PowerPollen® is an equal opportunity employer.