The Marketing Communications Manager will collaborate with department leaders and external partners to lead a broad range of communications efforts to support the organization’s corporate goals and build excitement, awareness, visibility and brand image for PowerPollen®. This position will create content while maintaining consistent branding and marketing messages.
- Leads and advises on consistent PowerPollen® branding strategy and themes including published and in-person branding opportunities and efforts.
- Leads the company communications engagement strategy including establishing objectives, target audience and effectiveness assessments.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar including original content generation.
- Co-coordinate and influence the content of a company-wide annual events calendar.
- Tracks and reports on media placements, video views, social media hits and campaign results.
- Manage powerpollen.com and all social platforms to ensure meaningful and current content, consistency and any issues are managed and resolved in a timely manner. Keep current on social media trends and best practices to increase adoption across the company.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce brand-compliant creative content for print and digital materials.
- Manage all press releases, media advisories and corporate communications/announcements (both external and internal).
- Participate in the planning and execution of corporate events such as industry tradeshows, technology showcases and demonstrations, annual meetings etc. Plan and execute our presence at customer and industry facing events.
- Assist in the preparation of content for investor and shareholder relations materials and is responsible for the storage of the documents.
- Coordinate legal and compliance approvals for all marketing materials.
- Manage the department’s annual and monthly budget.
- Manages use of internal and external resources related to communications, marketing and public relations including vendor and service provider management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, public relations or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in marketing, communications or public relations at either a marketing agency or in corporate marketing department.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions, facilitate leadership and management skills, set priorities and accomplish duties of the position with little supervision and direction.
- Experience working with various social media platforms in a business setting.
- Strong computer skills are required. Must be skilled in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Adobe InDesign or similar desktop publishing software is preferred.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with internal business partners and external agency partners.
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate what’s next and thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Willing and flexible to work on a variety of tasks, learn new tasks and step in to other areas not typically within job requirements if or as needed.
- Some travel is required, related to events.
- PowerPollen will not sponsor an H-1B for this position.
Generally normal office environment. Occasionally this position will be required to work in the lab environment, in or on areas of the shop floor as well as in the outdoor production agriculture fields particularly as it related to events planning.
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods.
- Consistent and long durations using a computer.
- Outside agricultural environment which may include heat, humidity, uneven terrain, insects/pests, agricultural machinery.
PowerPollen® is an equal opportunity employer.