The Technology Transfer Manager will progress PowerPollen®research theory and validation into scale up and large field operations. Executing against and enabling company goal achievement through field commercialization of proprietary technologies. Develop and lead effective relationships with key accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate process up-scaling and effectiveness through leadership of field activities.
- Follow safety protocols and positively encourage other team members to do the same.
- Provide leadership for field inspection to identify value opportunities of PowerPollen®in seed field situations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to teams internal to PowerPollen® and to customers that enables value capture from field opportunities.
- Communicate with customers and internally to capitalize on opportunities.
- Collaborate to optimize all aspects of PowerPollen® operations to achieve optimal efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes of PowerPollen®
- Interact effectively with the leadership team to understand research and operation objectives.
- Assist with development, implementation, execution, and improvement of protocols and Standard Operating Practices (SOPs).
- Provide support of technology transfer to key accounts.
- Support the integration of PowerPollen® field experience and learnings into protocols, SOPs, and process improvements for PowerPollen® and translation of this information into user documentation for technology transfers.
- Ensure optimal customer experience via effective technology transfer of all key aspects of PowerPollen®
- Effectively support key accounts
- Manage customers’ expectations and nurture long lasting relationships that maximize PowerPollen®
- Establish,nurture and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including PowerPollen® team members, PowerPollen® customers, land owners/farmers/growers, equipment providers, labor management vendors, and providers, and local AG community stakeholders.
- Capable and interested in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that includes field, warehouse and lab conditions throughout the year.
- Presenting to company leadership on key areas of accountability, providing insight, lessons learned, enhancements, issues and resolution proposals.
- Positive and driven, with a problem-solving attitude and a highly organized, proven team player.
- S. in biological sciences plus 5+ years field experience in maize seed production.
- Demonstrated capability to quickly establish and nuture relationships with key stakeholders including ability to influence, negotiate, and reach mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Resourceful: able to build and maintain a network allowing for continued advancement and scaling of company capabilities.
- Flexible: willing to grow with the job to take advantage of opportunities as they emerge.
- Four+ years experience overseeing teams and crews including employees and contracted labor, demonstrating a talent for working in and developing highly effective teams.
- Capable of seeing a barrier or issue as an opportunity to overcome a challenge in the delivery of excellent results.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver successful outcomes..
- Willing to travel as needed, possibly on short-notice, and for extended durations (e.g. 2 – 3 weeks at a site). Additional travel to off-season locations both domestic U.S. and international for extended times possible.
This position requires work in varying conditions including field, warehouse and laboratory spaces throughout the year including in crop fields when weather conditions are extremely hot/humid and insects are present. Safe operation of moter vehicles on and off road of various types including field equipment and towing may be expected.
The position involves physical activity including lifting objects up to 50 pounds, walking on uneven terrain, ability to tolerate heat and humidity conditions typical of agricultural outdoor field conditions in summer, with extended hours that will vary with crop development in different locales.
PowerPollen will not sponsor an H-1B for this position.
PowerPollen® is an equal opportunity employer.